Later, I took our extensive laundry down to the the lavanderia, and enjoyed working on the cross-stitch project on a comfortable couch in the concierge area. Linda graciously offers up her suitcase as a laundry bin, and an upgrade this year was I didn't frighten the staff by walking around with luggage and NO HELP! With the countdown timer on my phone, I could transfer from washer to dryer to folding very promptly.
I was chatting with our wonderful concierge when Linda and Claudette came back. He had asked whether the pots de creme could be made in VANILLA. I was writing out the recipe and thinking about adjustments for white chocolate. They, of course, didn't yet realize the laundry was the REAL reason I was out there. So I shooed them along after realizing they were waiting for me.
Why vanilla? Well, his son's baptism will occur in May and his wife wants everything to be white for the party. I'm hopeful that they'll try out a version or two and find one that works well for them. What a nice treat to be able to supply a pretty easy treat that was so memorable.
Back at the room, we were faced with a LOT of pre-cooked food to sort through. Linda drew the assignment of assembling coherent meals from the pieces, and our first offering was quite a pretty tasting plate. That used up a good number of small-amount items and gave us some plastic storage containers to spare.
Another lovely sunset ...
No comments:
Post a Comment